PCBC’s Annual Gold Nugget Award Ceremony took place virtually on Wednesday, June 16. Awards are given to the top innovators in the industry of design, planning and development. BSB Design is honored to receive the top award, Home of the Year, for our design Crocker Village – Alley Row Collection – Plan 6 located in Sacramento, California.
ABOUT CROCKER VILLAGE
This home is part of a new downtown Sacramento neighborhood that seeks to balance classic architecture that blends well with surrounding neighborhoods while offering modern experiences, injecting a designer aesthetic with comforting familiarity, and blending a suburban living with an urban downtown lifestyle. The detailed Spanish style elevation embraces classical minded move-down buyers seeking a historical old-world yet urban feel. The narrow 40′ wide alley load lot offered a great opportunity to carve out a lifestyle courtyard within the plan. The courtyard offers light, openness and views to all the major living spaces.
Builder: BlackPine Communities
Developer: Petrovich Development Company
Interior Designer: Ryan Young Interiors
“For the coveted Home of the Year, the judges wanted to select a home that not only demonstrates great design but also stands out from the crowd. The panel ultimately selected BlackPine Communities’ Crocker Village – Alley Row Collection for multiple reasons, including the collection’s ability to be a new modern product that blends well with the established Sacramento neighborhood, the well-thought-out floor plan with flex options on a 40-foot-wide alley loaded lot, and the overall material selections within the home that made each judge want to live there.” – The Judges for Gold Nugget Awards
Video courtesy of PCBC Gold Nugget Awards / TeamPMP Productions
Along with winning Home of the Year, Crocker Village – Alley Row Collection Plan 6 won a Grand Award for the best Single Family Detached Home – 1,800 to 2,499 sq. ft; and Crocker Village – Main Street Collection – Plan 5 won an Award of Merit in the category Best Single Family Detached Home – 2,500 to 2,999 sq. ft.
GRAND AND MERIT AWARDS
- Grand Award for Toll Brothers at Cadence – Bowie floor plan in the category Best Single Family Detached Home – under 1,800 sq. ft.
- Award of Merit for Academy65 in the category Best Student or Faculty Housing
- Award of Merit for Allevare at Verrado – The Savannah in the category Best Single Family Detached Home – 3,000 to 3,499 sq. ft.
- Grand Award for Toll Brothers at Cadence – The Savannah for Best Interior Merchandising of a Model Home Under $500,000
- Award of Merit for Allevare at Verrado – The Savannah for Best Interior Merchandising of a Model Home Under $500,000
- Award of Merit for Toll Brothers at Cadence – Bowie for Best Interior Merchandising of a Model Home Under $500,000
WITHEE MALCOLM AWARDS
- Award of Merit – Hollywood Arts Collective – Best On The Boards Mixed Use Project
- Award of Merit – Hollywood Arts Collective – Best On The Boards Affordable Housing Project
- Award of Merit – MetroWalk – Best On The Boards Site Plan
“Gold Nugget Award winners reflect our industry’s best, brightest and most innovative architects, planners and builder/developers,” said Judging Chairman and Gold Nugget ceremonies administrator Lisa Parrish.
Now in it’s 58th year, GNA is the largest and most prestigious competition of its kind in the nation. It honors design and planning achievements in community and home design, green-built housing, site planning, commercial, retail, mixed-use development and specialty housing categories. Winners this year were chosen from over 600 entries from around the world.