Studio Manager - Commercial Interior Design
Fosters teamwork and promotes job satisfaction within the group. Manages operations with other CID management staff to ensure profitability and schedules while working within budgets. Works to limit liability in and out of office and maintain design and procurement standards for the firm. Participates in client relationships, design, and progress.
- Supports and upholds company policies and procedures, as a member of management, both internally and in matters outside the company.
- Oversees interior design team and determines course of action that will enable them to reach their individual potential and maintain a positive team environment.
- Coordinates project number assignment, project fees and client billings with accounting.
- Coordinates the scheduling of team’s work and project completion.
- Coordinates schedules, billing projections, proposals, time sheets and invoices with corporate staff.
- Interacts with various BSB Office / Studio Directors, Project Managers, and clients to promote client satisfaction and monitor project progress.
- Monitors collections, budgets, and projects to ensure profitability.
- Works with design team to promote team interaction within company and with client’s group.
- Assists in project management and production as
is needed to meet schedules.
- Mentors and trains staff regarding office procedures and industry standards.
- Oversees employee performance as directed by CID Director and/or Partner and assists with employee reviews and other disciplinary action as needed.
- Facilitates the ongoing process of maintaining qualified staff.
- Works with CID Director and/or other BSB BD staff to help respond to inquiries regarding new work and potential clients with correspondence, folios, in-person presentations and follows-up with proposals as required.
- Produces fee proposals and reviews proposals and agreements supplied by clients in coordination with CID Director and/or other BSB BD staff prior to distribution.
- May attend seminars, workshops, meetings, and training to maintain professional standards and establish a network of associated professionals to obtain references for future work, and to help attract quality employees.
- Must be versatile to work well in both a team environment and independently.
- Ability to organize and prioritize all work obligations for self, office leadership and staff to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of interior design/architectural projects.
- Has a passion for Interior architecture and the drive to advance professionally.
- Must have high competency of working with AutoCAD Architecture, AutoDesk Revit, Microsoft Office and understanding of CRM software.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Marketing, or other related professional degree.
- Five to ten years in design and client interaction.
- Project management and design documentation experience required.