Project Manager - Single Family
Charlotte, NC | Dallas, TX | Denver, CO | Orange County, CA | Tampa, FL
We are seeking an experienced, quality driven, solutions-minded individual who will provide overall management direction for existing and new single-family housing projects. Candidates must be proficient in Revit, CAD, and have a strong understanding of construction methods and procedures.
- Work with the Business Director or Partner to establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Prepare staffing requirements, schedules, budgets and fee projections.
- Develop code searches.
- Assist in Product Schematic Design process.
- Initiate design development and produce contract documents.
- Keep project records including code documentation, project history, correspondence, estimates and budgets.
- Coordinate the staff assigned to project to meet established schedules and budget.
- Answer questions and gives daily guidance to team.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client and A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities.
- Initiates and participates in construction walk-throughs.
- Check work of project staff for content and accuracy.
- Participate in zoning and public hearings.
- Participate in projections and the billing process to provide accurate information of work progress and additional billing requirements and follows-up on overdue invoices.
- Initiate remedial action for projects falling behind budgeted hours/dollars.
- Assist with proposals.
- Represent company in project meetings; assist in strategy meetings, and other meetings as needed.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
- Responsible for team leadership and team morale.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Proven skills in leadership, communication, marketing, negotiation, and problem solving
- Must be proficient in the use of computer for design and understand CAD operations
- Ability to handle a broad range of functions and maintain multiple projects in parallel sequence
- Must have the ability to problem solve construction and design related issues
- Stay abreast of current trends and developments in the housing market.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Design, Engineering or related field.
- Three to five years’ experience in assisting with all phases of a project.
- Single family experience a must.
- Additional experience may take the place of some education requirements.