Assists with the structural design and drafting of buildings and facilities to meet company objectives for design, new product development, and improvement of existing product lines.
- Assist team in structural design.
- Use knowledge of the general concepts of relevant structural engineering elements.
- Assist team in preparing drawings, design calculations and analysis for various structural systems.
- Utilize design and drafting software to create engineering documents.
- Accompanies team on site visits as needed through design and construction.
- Assist in the development of company design standards and design aids.
- Assist in development of contract deliverables such as drawings, specifications, and general notes.
- Analyze engineering problems and propose solutions.
- Proficiency in the use of computer for design and understand CAD operations.
- Proficiency in structural design and analysis of wood, post tension concrete and steel structures.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately complete calculations for the structural design of new commercial, residential, industrial and other projects as well as the renovation of existing structures.
- Ability to formulate creative approaches to challenges and problems encountered.
- Interact professionally with clients, contractors and consultants.
- Work independently as well as be part of a collaborative team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering required. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of structural design and drafting experience in multifamily and residential buildings.
- Wood, masonry and concrete design experience is a must.
- Minimum of Engineer in Training certification. PE license is preferred.