Assists with the structural design and drafting of buildings and facilities to meet company objectives for design, new product development, and improvement of existing product lines.
- Assist team in structural design.
- Use knowledge of the general concepts of relevant structural engineering elements.
- Assist team in preparing drawings, design calculations and analysis for various structural systems.
- Utilize design and drafting software to create engineering documents.
- Accompanies team on site visits as needed through design and construction.
- Assist in the development of company design standards and design aids.
- Assist in development of contract deliverables such as drawings, specifications, and general notes.
- Analyze engineering problems and propose solutions.
- Proficiency in the use of computer for design and understand CAD operations.
- Proficiency in structural design and analysis of wood, post tension concrete and steel structures.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately complete calculations for the structural design of new commercial, residential, industrial and other projects as well as the renovation of existing structures.
- Ability to formulate creative approaches to challenges and problems encountered.
- Interact professionally with clients, contractors and consultants.
- Work independently as well as be part of a collaborative team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering required. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of structural design and drafting experience in multifamily and residential buildings.
- Wood, masonry and concrete design experience is a must.
- Minimum of Engineer in Training certification. PE license is preferred.
BSB Design, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.