People deliver their best when working hard together, but having fun, in an environment where they are respected and offered opportunities. BSB Design has been in business for over 50 years and is a national full-service architecture, engineering, and design firm. We enjoy a friendly work environment where everyone is dedicated to mutual trust, respect, and excellence.
We are seeking an experienced, quality driven, solutions-minded individual who will assist the Project Manager with project administration from schematic design through construction documents.
- Use AutoCAD software to produce construction documents using designs of others.
- Generate architectural plans on multiple projects from start to finish.
- Make redline corrections to existing construction documents as well as help with scheduling of construction documents. Communicate with drafting staff regarding specifications and corrections to construction documents.
- Ensure that construction documents are complete and ready for submittal to planning department and design review committee (includes plans, sections, details, elevations, schedules).
- Work directly with Project Managers and Licensed Architect to coordinate and delegate work of selected projects.
- Provide work direction and delegate work to ensure the team is completing projects within and/or before deadlines.
- Assist with and provide training to production staff.
- Ensure compliance to applicable codes and standards for construction document production.
- Research and evaluate data for products.
- Assess problems and recommend solutions to the Project Manager for implementation.
- Assist in coordination with contractors, clients, engineers (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, civil, landscape)
- Assist with client meetings and coordinate this information with the team.
- Site visits and coordination with changes in the field as needed.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Proven skill to follow up w/ staff, consultants, and client
- AutoCAD proficiency required; 3-D modeling programs desirable- include excel, Microsoft word, Bluebeam, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Some travel may be necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Three to six years of multi-family or single-family experience in design development and contract documents.