Chicago, IL | Sacramento, CA
Responsible for coordinating and leading the architectural drafting team on a project in developing documents. Assists the Project Manager with project administration from schematic design through construction documents.
- Uses AutoCAD and/or Revit to produce construction documents using designs of others.Generates design development and construction documents.
- Makes redline corrections to existing construction documents as well as help with scheduling of construction documents.
Communicates with drafting staff regarding specifications and corrections to construction documents.
- Ensure that construction documents are completed and ready for submittal to building and safety for permit issuance.
- Work directly with Project Managers and Licensed Architect to coordinate and delegate work of selected projects.
- Provides work direction and delegates work to ensure the team is completing projects within and/or before deadlines.
- Assists with and provides training to junior production staff.
- Ensures compliance to applicable codes and standards for construction document production.
- Researches and evaluates data for products.
- Assesses problems and recommends solutions to the Project Manager for implementation.
- Assists in coordination with contractors, clients, engineers (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural).
- Assists with client meetings and coordinates this information with the team.
- Assists site visits and coordination with changes in the field.
- Proven technical and production abilities.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit proficiency required;3-D modeling programs desirable.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to lead a junior team.
- Associate degree in Drafting or Design with 3 to 6 years’ experience in design development and contract documents.