Architectural Project Manager - Multifamily
Dallas, TX | Tampa, FL
We are seeking motivated, detail-oriented individuals to coordinate and manage the the day-to-day operation and activities of the client, the client’s projects and the staff assigned to those projects to assure quality, profitability, efficiency, and timeliness. Create a team environment where all members work together to meet project deadlines. Identifies the needs and concerns of the client and works to successfully satisfy these.
- Works with Project Manager and/or Partner in Charge to define scope of product.
- Prepares manpower requirements, schedules, budgets and fee projections.
- Understands construction methods/procedures.
- Develops code searches.
- Assists in product schematic design process.
- Initiates architectural design development.
- Produces contract documents.
- Keeps project records including code documentation, project history, correspondence, estimates and budgets.
- Coordinates the staff assigned to projects to meet established schedules and budgets.
- Assists in the development of technical skills of subordinates.
- Maintains open communication with clients to avoid problems and improve working relationships.
- Initiates and participates in construction walk-throughs.
- Checks work of project staff for content and accuracy.
- Participates in zoning and public hearings, as needed.
- Participates in projections and billing process to provide accurate information of work progress and additional billing requirements and follow-up on overdue invoices.
- Initiates remedial action for projects falling behind budgeted hours/dollars.
- Communicates delays, problems with project, etc. to business director.
- Promotes the firm within the business community to develop new clients.
- Coordinates projects with outside consultants hired by client or offices.
- Communicates with consultants and coordinates their work.
- Proven skills in leadership, communication, marketing, negotiation and problem solving.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer for design and must understand CAD operations.
- Ability to handle a broad range of functions and to maintain multiple projects in parallel sequence.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Design or related field is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in assisting with all phases of a project.
- Additional experience may take the place of some education requirements.