Los Angeles, CA
Responsible for providing overall management direction for existing or new projects in our Withee Malcolm office. Plan, organize and staff key field positions through Regional Draftspersons, Job Captains, subordinate Project Managers and other staff as needed. Create a team environment where all members work together to meet project deadlines. Identify the needs and concerns of the client and work to successfully satisfy them.
- Direct all communication related to the project including contracts, meetings, and telephone and written contact with clients, consultants, governmental agencies, manufacturer's representatives, and contractors.
- Prepare staffing requirements, schedules, budgets and fee projections.
- Coordinate and supervise the staff assigned to project to meet established schedules and budget.
- Check drawings and specifications for accuracy, level of completeness, adherence to industry and firm standards and code compliance.
- Research and coordinates building systems, materials and products, governing codes and regulations, and recommends alternate methods of compliance.
- Coordinate submittals of projects to governmental agencies having jurisdiction and answers requests for information during the construction phase of projects.
- Review shop drawing and material submittals for conformance with contract documents and reviews construction pay authorizations.
- Attend construction coordination meetings at project sites and prepares field reports outlining observed work in place and in progress.
- Maintain a positive atmosphere, motivating employees and maintaining staff morale at a high level.
- Coordinate projects with outside consultants hired by client or offices (including engineers, interior merchandisers, etc.)
Skills and qualifications
- Proven skills in leadership, communication, marketing, negotiation, and problem solving
- Must be proficient in the use of computer for design and understand CAD operations
- Proficient in Revit, Bluebeam
- Ability to handle a broad range of functions and maintain multiple projects in parallel sequence
- Must have the ability to problem solve construction and design related issues
- High density infill, Type V and III experience
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent required.
- Licensed or actively pursuing registration preferred.
- Extensive technical knowledge of building systems, codes and regulations and industry construction standards required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of architectural industry drawing standards and production techniques required.
BSB Design, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.