Senior Job Captain
People deliver their best when working hard together, but having fun, in an environment where they are respected and offered opportunities. BSB Design has been in business for over 50 years and is a national full-service architecture, engineering and design firm. We enjoy a friendly work environment where everyone is dedicated to mutual trust, respect, and excellence.
We are seeking an experienced, quality driven, solutions-minded individual who can produce construction documents for multifamily projects, and support construction administrators by completing revision drawings etc. Candidates must be proficient in Revit, CAD, and construction detailing with some experience in construction administration.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes and standards for construction documents.
- Research and evaluate data for products and building systems.
- Coordinate projects with the structural and HVAC consultants.
- Coordinate with QA/QC team and spec writer to ensure construction documents are complete and ready for submittal.
- Contribute to reviewing rfi’s and submittals in coordination with construction administrators, consultants, and contractors as needed.
- Collaborate with project teams to build Revit models for various projects.
- Assess problems and recommend solutions to the Project Manager, Project Architect or Construction Administrator.
- Attend project meetings as needed.
- Perform occasional job site visits to review progress of construction, prepare and issue field reports in coordination with Construction Administrator.
- Proven proficiency in construction detailing, building systems coordination and code compliance for wood and metal frame buildings (multifamily preferred)
- Communicate clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing
- Ability to multitask, shifting from one priority to another effectively
- Versatility and flexibility to adapt to changing needs
- Ability to both lead and follow gracefully
- Self motivated team player dedicated to finding win-win solutions, and delivering quality services with a collaborative and positive attitude.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or equivalent
- Four to seven years experience in an architectural firm