Project Manager - Multifamily
Coordinates and manages the day-to-day operation and activities of the client, the client’s projects and the staff assigned to those projects to assure quality, profitability, efficiency and timeliness. Create a team environment where all members work together to meet project deadlines. Identifies the needs and concerns of the client and works to successfully satisfy these.
- Work with Senior Principal, Principal, or Office Director to define scope of product.
- Prepare manpower requirements, schedules, budgets and fee projections.
- Understand construction methods/procedures.
- Develop code searches.
- Assist in product schematic design process.
- Initiate design development.
- Produce contract documents.
- Keep project records including code documentation, project history, correspondence, estimates and budgets.
- Coordinate the staff assigned to projects to meet established schedules and budgets.
- Assist in the development of technical skills of subordinates.
- Maintain open communication with clients to avoid problems and improve working relationships
- Initiate and participate in construction walk-throughs.
- Check work of project staff for content and accuracy.
- Participate in zoning and public hearings, as needed.
- Participate in projections and billing process to provide accurate information of work progress and additional billing requirements and follows-up on overdue invoices.
- Initiate remedial action for projects falling behind budgeted hours/dollars.
- Communicate delays, problems with project, etc. to business director.
- Promote the firm within the business community to develop new clients.
- Coordinate projects with outside consultants hired by client or offices (including engineers, interior designers etc.).
- Communicate with consultants and coordinate their work.
Skills and qualifications
- Proven skills in leadership, communication, marketing, negotiation and problem solving
- Must be proficient in the use of computer for design and must understand CAD operations
- Proficient in Revit
- Ability to handle a broad range of functions and to maintain multiple projects in parallel sequence
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Planning Design, Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Three to five years’ multifamily experience in assisting with all phases of a project.
- Previous Project Management experience.
- Additional experience may take the place of some education requirements
BSB Design, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.