Project Architect/Project Manager
Coordinates and manages the day-to-day operation and activities of several projects and the staff assigned to it to assure quality, profitability, efficiency, and timelessness. Identifies the needs and concerns of the client and works to successfully satisfy these.
- Works with Office Leaders and Direct of Design to define scope of project.
- Assists with proposals from consultants and additional service requests.
- Reviews the Owner - Architect contract and administers it while delivering the project.
- Prepares staffing requirements, schedules, budgets, and fee projections.
- Coordinates initial and ongoing staffing needs with Office Leaders.
- Coordinates schedule with owner, consultants, GC, and the full BSB team.
- Updates revenue projections spreadsheet weekly, prepares draft invoices and consultant invoice approvals monthly based on work progress.
- Confirms anticipated payment schedules with Clients and follows through as primary point of contact on accounts receivable collections to assure a consistent healthy cash flow and avoid disruptions to workflow required by BSB Collections Guidelines for past due payments.
- Develops comprehensive code searches, verifies zoning compliance, and oversees implementation of all criteria with all disciplines throughout all deliverables.
- Assists Direct of Design in project schematic design process, focused on code criteria, constructability and overseeing Revit or CAD setup.
- Schedules a production kick-off meeting with Director of Design, verifies the ONE NOTE checklist tabs for design and land planning, and coordinates completion of outstanding applicable items.
- Coordinates the setup of all current BSB One Note and Revit templates and customization for project.
- Initiates design development phase kick off with designers, production team and consultants.
- Runs weekly client/consultant/GC meetings, prepares, and distributes meeting minutes to document key decisions, action items and responsibilities for the whole owner, architect, consultant, and GC team.
- Responsible for production of all contract documents with the BSB design and production team, spec writer and all consultants.
- Regularly checks work of project staff for content and accuracy. Redlines all project drawings at SD, DD, and CD phase after the Job Captain's redline review and delivers redlines to all consultants, combined with QA/QC review comments by others. Respond to other reviewers to confirm final implementation of review comments or demonstrate why some comments may not apply.
- Responsible for quality assurance and quality control of all final deliverables including full coordination of all consultants' work, review and coordination of specifications, and architectural work.
- Keep project records including code documentation, project history, correspondence, client's directives, meeting minutes, consultant comments, estimates, and budgets.
- Coordinates the staff assigned to projects to meet established schedules and budgets.
- Initiates remedial action for projects falling behind budgeted hours/dollars.
- Communicates delays, problems with project, etc. to Office Leaders.
- Participates in zoning and public hearings, as needed.
- Verifies permit submittal criteria with all authorities having jurisdiction (including state Department of Health, state and local fire marshal, local building department, etc.) Serves as primary contact for confirming current interpretations, coordinating compliance, and following up as needed to achieve approvals.
- Coordinates with Construction Administration team and General Contractor during pricing and during construction; answers bidding RFI's, reviews GC Assumptions, Clarifications and Exclusions; assists CA manager with RFT responses and selected submittal reviews; attends OAC meetings regularly early in construction and then occasionally when requested by the CA manager.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- AutoCAD proficiency required and Revit familiarity or fluency preferred, fluency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Bluebeam, and Adobe Acrobat essential.
- Supervisory and personnel management skills with ability to lead team
- Ability to oversee the delivery of all the smallest details cohesively completing the big picture
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture.
- Five to seven years of experience in assisting with all phases of a project.