Project Manager - Single Family
People deliver their best when working hard together, but having fun, in an environment where they are respected and offered opportunities. BSB Design has been in business for over 50 years and is a national full-service architecture, engineering and design firm. We enjoy a friendly work environment where everyone is dedicated to mutual trust, respect, and excellence.
We are seeking an experienced, quality driven, solutions-minded individual who will provide overall management direction for existing and new single-family housing projects. Candidates must be proficient in Revit, CAD, and have strong understanding of construction methods and procedures.
- Work with the Business Director or Partner to establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Prepare staffing requirements, schedules, budgets and fee projections.
- Develop code searches.
- Assist in Product Schematic Design process.
- Initiate design development and produce contract documents.
- Keep project records including code documentation, project history, correspondence, estimates and budgets.
- Coordinate the staff assigned to project to meet established schedules and budget.
- Answer questions and gives daily guidance to team.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client and A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities. Initiates and participates in construction walk-throughs.
- Check work of project staff for content and accuracy.
- Participate in zoning and public hearings.
- Participate in projections and the billing process to provide accurate information of work progress and additional billing requirements and follows-up on overdue invoices.
- Initiate remedial action for projects falling behind budgeted hours/dollars.
- Assist with proposals.
- Represent company in project meetings; assist in strategy meetings, and other meetings as needed. Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
- Responsible for team leadership and team moral.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Proven skills in leadership, communication, marketing, negotiation, and problem solving
- Must be proficient in the use of computer for design and understand CAD operations
- Ability to handle a broad range of functions and maintain multiple projects in parallel sequence
- Must have the ability to problem solve construction and design related issues
- Stay abreast of current trends and developments in the housing market.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Design or related field is preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in assisting with all phases of a project.
- Single family experience a must.
- Additional experience may take the place of some education requirements.