Single Family Project Manager
Coordinates and manages the day-to-day operation and activities of the client, the client’s projects and the staff assigned to those projects to assure quality, profitability, efficiency, and timeliness. Create a team environment where all members work together to meet project deadlines. Identifies the needs and concerns of the client and works to successfully satisfy these.
- Works with Business Director or Regional Partner to define scope of product.
- Prepares workforce requirements, schedules, budgets, and fee projections.
- Understands construction methods/procedures.
- Develops code searches.
- Assists in Product Schematic Design process.
- Initiates design development.
- Produces contract documents.
- Keep project records including code documentation, project history, correspondence, estimates and budgets.
- Coordinates the staff assigned to project to meet established schedules and budgets.
- Answers questions and gives daily guidance to team.
- Maintains open communication with client to avoid problems and improve relationships.
- Initiates and participates in construction walk-throughs.
- Coordinates provision of Construction Administration services as required by contract.
- Checks work of project staff for content and accuracy.
- Participates in zoning and public hearings.
- Participates in projections and the billing process to provide accurate information of work progress and additional billing requirements and follows-up on overdue invoices.
- Initiates remedial action for projects falling behind budgeted hours/dollars.
- Communicates delays, problems with project, etc. to business director.
- Keeps up to date on current trends and developments in the housing market.
- Promotes the firm within the business community to develop new clients.
- Coordinates projects with outside consultants hired by client or offices (including engineers, interior merchandisers, etc.)
- Assists with proposals.
- Proven skills in leadership, communication, marketing, negotiation, and problem solving,
- Must be proficient in the use of computer for design and must understand CAD operations,
- Ability to handle a broad range of functions and to maintain multiple projects in parallel sequence,
- Must have the ability to problem solve construction and design related issues,
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Design, Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in assisting with all phases of a project.
- Additional experience may take the place of some education requirements.