Des Moines, IA
Assists in all phases of site planning for single family, multifamily and commercial projects. Location can be Des Moines or Kansas City area.
- Develop and/or oversee development of schematic designs, construction details and cost estimating.
- Plan and produce designs for conceptual layout using a variety of design media and techniques.
- Complete AutoCAD renderings for construction documentation.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings and overview orientation of final project design and construction.
- Site inventory, analysis and project inspection.
- Assist in the coordination of the construction process during installation for successful project completion.
- Support project manager in successful project budget execution, tracking and final project review.
- Knowledge of local plant material, hardscape construction process, local codes and permitting application.
- Irrigation construction knowledge, including layout and design for construction documentation.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent skills in reading/ preparing landscape architectural plans and documents.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Sketchup, Lumion, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Photoshop.
- Ability to work within a high-demand and fast-paced environment.
- Must have deep understanding of plant material and design styles.
- Capable of clearly communicating with clients, architects, and engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture required. Master’s preferred.
- Two to three years’ experience in design development and/or project management.
- Sitting for; or Licensed through the Landscape Architect Registration Examination.
BSB Design, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.