Des Moines, IA
Assists in all phases of site planning for single family, multifamily and commercial projects. Location can be Des Moines or Kansas City area.
- Develop and/or oversee development of schematic designs, construction details and cost estimating.
- Plan and produce designs for conceptual layout using a variety of design media and techniques.
- Complete AutoCAD renderings for construction documentation.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings and overview orientation of final project design and construction.
- Site inventory, analysis and project inspection.
- Assist in the coordination of the construction process during installation for successful project completion.
- Support project manager in successful project budget execution, tracking and final project review.
- Knowledge of local plant material, hardscape construction process, local codes and permitting application.
- Irrigation construction knowledge, including layout and design for construction documentation.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent skills in reading/ preparing landscape architectural plans and documents.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Sketchup, Lumion, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Photoshop.
- Ability to work within a high-demand and fast-paced environment.
- Must have deep understanding of plant material and design styles.
- Capable of clearly communicating with clients, architects, and engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture required. Master’s preferred.
- Two to three years’ experience in design development and/or project management.
- Sitting for; or Licensed through the Landscape Architect Registration Examination.