Architectural Job Captain
Los Angeles, CA
If you want to be a part of a high energy, innovative team that is disrupting the housing industry then BSB Design, Inc. is the place for your next career! Led by talented architects across the country, BSB Design offices create regionally sensitive designs and provide product support services from coast to coast. Services have grown to include the addition of land planning, landscape architecture, estimating and cost consulting services as well as light commercial, institutional, retirement, hospitality and mixed use design. All of which are opportunities that have only enhanced the firm's impressive portfolio and capabilities. Always seeking to establish trends instead of follow them, BSB Design promises to be a leader in the field for years to come. Our mission is now, and always has been, to design the places where people live life and spend their time…better.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years related experience, excellent written and oral skills and experience overseeing the work of others.
- Oversee, coordinate and lead the production team on a project in developing the construction documents.
- Assist project manager with project administration
- Initiate, develop and review technical and production aspects of the project, including details for the other team members.
- Review consultants work to ensure compliance with code and project requirements.
- Ensure accuracy of plans.
- Review all drawings prior to plan check submittal, bidding and construction.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong technical background and experience putting together a project.
- Proficient in Revit, detailing, construction documents and code issues.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Bluebeam
- Experienced in Construction Observation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Architecture degree or equivalent.
- Licensed or actively pursuing registration preferred.
- 5 years minimum in related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of a complete set of production plans from design development through construction documents and plan check.
BSB Design, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.