Provide overall management direction for existing or new projects. Plan, organize and staff key field positions through Regional Draftspersons, Job Captains, subordinate Project Managers, and other staff as needed. Create a team environment where all members work together to meet project deadlines. Identifies the needs and concerns of the client and works to successfully satisfy these.
- Works with Business Director or Partner to establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Prepares staffing requirements, schedules, track budgets and fee projections, follow up with clients on collections.
- Understands construction methods/procedures. Develops code searches.
- Assists in Product Schematic Design process. Initiates design development. Produces contract documents.
- Keeps project records including code documentation, project history, correspondence, estimates and budgets. Ability to project billing 2-3 months in advance.
- Coordinates the staff assigned to project to meet established schedules and budget. Ability to mentor and guide staff of lesser experience.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client and A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities. Initiates and participates in construction walk-throughs
- Checks work of project staff for content and accuracy.
- Participates in zoning and public hearings.
- Participates in projections and the billing process to provide accurate information of work progress and additional billing requirements and follows-up on overdue invoices.
- Initiates remedial action for projects falling behind budgeted hours/dollars.
- Communicates delays, problems with project, or other issues to business director.
- Keeps up to date on current trends and developments in the housing market.
- Promotes the firm within the business community to develop new clients.
- Coordinates projects with outside consultants hired by client or offices (including engineers, interior merchandisers, etc.)
- Assists with proposals.
- Represent company in project meetings; assist in strategy meetings, and other meetings as needed.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
- Single Family and Multifamily experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit is preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Bluebeam (or Adobe Acrobat equivalent), Microsoft Teams, Photoshop, SketchUp, 3-D rendering programs a plus.
- Working out of the Philadelphia office is preferred, but work from home will be considered for the right candidate.
- Ability to travel if required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Design, Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- Eighteen years’ experience in the field of architecture.
- Additional experience may take the place of some education requirements.