Los Angeles, CA
Develops architectural design, illustration and conceptual services consisting of preliminary sketches through finished schematic design deliverables and presentations in our Withee Malcolm office.
- Develop and create architectural design and prepare design documents during schematic design, design development and construction document phase.
- Interface/coordinate site planning, architectural design, interior design and work of consulting engineers including checking design documents and resolving conflicts between the various building systems and disciplines.
- Work with production staff as a resource to facilitate and review the design development process.
- Perform code searches and conduct site visits for design reviews.
- Research new architectural materials and products for incorporation into projects.
Skills and qualifications
- Great design and graphic skills.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Technical design skills using AutoCAD and/or Revit / BIM
- 3D visualization and graphic presentation software illustrative skills, Sketchup preferred.
- Knowledge of zoning, building and ADA/ANSI accessibility codes and standards.
- Understand site planning concept and design standards.
- Not afraid to explore new ideas which includes not being afraid of making mistakes.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Candidate in pursuit of becoming a Licensed Architect is preferred.
- Three to seven years professional design experience.
BSB Design, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.