We are seeking Technical Draftspeople—entry to advanced—for commercial/industrial projects across California and nationally.
Technical staff are integral project team members who support Job Captains, Project Managers and Designers across multiple, often simultaneous project efforts. Responsible for deliverables at all stages of project evaluation, design and even construction, Technical Draftspeople should be enthusiastic about the commercial development market, be able to actively balance deadlines, and be capable of prioritizing multiple tasks as they potentially move between projects.
Specific tasks include:
- Creating, coordinating or refining architectural plans, elevations, sections, etc.
- Producing illustrative or graphic materials such as renderings or other visuals for presentations
- Developing design documentation under the guidance of Job Captains or Project Managers
- Incorporating corrections into drawings sets (red lines or plan check comments)
- Assisting in project administration
- All levels – produce technical work supporting production and design departments
- All levels – work within the team environment to produce architectural details or copy, and revise existing drawings
- All levels – prepare graphic or documentation packages under supervision
- All levels – integrate office-wide standards into graphic and documentation packages
- Introductory/Intermediate level – adapt or generate schematic design drawings or architectural details from rough sketches or marked-up drawings
- Intermediate levels – complete schedules, callouts, indexes and other design documentation support materials with the oversight and mark-ups of others
- Advanced levels – implement design revisions, identifying known errors and making recommendations for corrections
- Advanced levels – make design decisions based on the program, code requirements and project concept design
- Advanced levels – prepare area takeoffs and quantity estimates
- Advanced levels – mentor less experienced staff
- All levels – general knowledge of building design and documentation
- All levels – interest in learning and expanding graphic as well as documentation skills
- All levels – technical proficiency with Revit / BIM, Bluebeam
- All levels – 3D visualization and graphic presentation via software such as SketchUp, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Intermediate/Advance levels – have REVIT modeling and family creation knowledge
- Intermediate level – proficiency in document coordination and detail development
- Advanced levels – general knowledge of code requirements
- Introductory – Tech School/AA degree preferred
- Intermediate – Bachelor of Architecture degree or equivalent required and 2 years minimum architectural experience in an office environment
- Advanced – Bachelor of Architecture degree or equivalent required and 4 years minimum architectural experience in an office environment
BSB Design provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, parenting status, results of genetic testing, service in the military or any other quality or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement,promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.