Job Captain - Multifamily
Responsible for coordinating and leading the architectural drafting team on a project in developing documents. Assists the Project Manager with project administration from schematic design through construction documents.
- Uses AutoCAD software to produce construction documents using designs of others.
- Generates architectural plans on multiple projects from start to finish.
- Makes redline corrections to existing construction documents as well as help with scheduling of construction documents. Communicates with drafting staff regarding specifications and corrections to construction documents.
- Ensure that construction documents are complete and ready for submittal to planning department and design review committee (includes plans, sections, details, elevations, schedules).
- Work directly with Project Managers and Licensed Architect to coordinate and delegate work of selected projects.
- Provides work direction and delegates work to ensure the team is completing projects within and/or before deadlines.Assists with and provides training to production staff.
- Ensures compliance to applicable codes and standards for construction document production.
- Researches and evaluates data for products.
- Assesses problems and recommends solutions to the Project Manager for implementation.
- Assists in coordination with contractors, clients, engineers (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, civil, landscape)
- Assists with client meetings and coordinates this information with the team.
- Site visits and coordination with changes in the field.
- Proven skill to follow up w/ staff, consultants, and client
- AutoCAD proficiency required; 3-D modeling programs desirable- include excel, Microsoft word, Bluebeam, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Some travel may be necessary
- Ability to lead a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Three to six years of Multifamily experience in design development and contract documents.