Job Captain - Multifamily
Dallas, TX | Sacramento, CA
Responsible for coordinating and leading the architectural drafting team on a project in developing documents. Assists the Project Manager with project administration from schematic design through construction documents.
- Uses AutoCAD software to produce construction documents using designs of others.
- Generates architectural plans on multiple projects from start to finish.
- Makes redline corrections to existing construction documents as well as help with scheduling of construction documents. Communicates with drafting staff regarding specifications and corrections to construction documents.
- Ensure that construction documents are complete and ready for submittal to planning department and design review committee (includes plans, sections, details, elevations, schedules).
- Work directly with Project Managers and Licensed Architect to coordinate and delegate work of selected projects.
- Provides work direction and delegates work to ensure the team is completing projects within and/or before deadlines.Assists with and provides training to production staff.
- Ensures compliance to applicable codes and standards for construction document production.
- Researches and evaluates data for products.
- Assesses problems and recommends solutions to the Project Manager for implementation.
- Assists in coordination with contractors, clients, engineers (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, civil, landscape)
- Assists with client meetings and coordinates this information with the team.
- Site visits and coordination with changes in the field.
- Proven skill to follow up w/ staff, consultants, and client
- AutoCAD proficiency required; 3-D modeling programs desirable- include excel, Microsoft word, Bluebeam, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Some travel may be necessary
- Ability to lead a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Three to six years of Multifamily experience in design development and contract documents.
BSB Design, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.