Job Captain - Multifamily
We are seeking an experienced, quality driven, solutions-minded individual who can produce construction documents for multifamily projects, and support construction administrators by completing revision drawings etc. Candidates must be proficient in Revit, CAD, and construction detailing with some experience in construction administration.
- Work with various teams to complete design development through construction document phases on projects ranging from townhouse and garden apartments to high rise, podiums and deck wraps.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes and standards for construction documents.
- Have a competent understanding of CBC and Accessibility codes.
- Research and evaluate data for products and building systems.
- Coordinate projects with the structural and HVAC consultants.
- Coordinate with QA/QC team and spec writer to ensure construction documents are complete and ready for submittal.
- Contribute to reviewing RFI’s and submittals in coordination with construction administrators, consultants, and contractors as needed.
- Collaborate with project teams to build Revit models for various projects.
- Assess problems and recommend solutions to the Project Manager, Project Architect or Construction Administrator.
- Attend project meetings as needed.
- Proven proficiency in construction detailing, building systems coordination and code compliance for wood and metal frame buildings (multifamily preferred)
- Communicate clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing
- Ability to multitask, shifting from one priority to another effectively
- Versatility and flexibility to adapt to changing needs
- Ability to both lead and follow gracefully
- Self-motivated team player dedicated to finding win-win solutions and delivering quality services with a collaborative and positive attitude.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or equivalent
- Four to seven years’ experience in an architectural firm