Chicago, IL | Tampa, FL
We are seeking an experienced, quality driven, solutions-minded individual who will develop architectural design, illustration, and conceptual services consisting of preliminary sketches through finished schematic design deliverables and presentations for single family and multi-family projects.
- Develop and create designs and artwork from conceptual sketches through finished client and municipal presentations.
- Contribute to and manage individual design projects while coordinating and communicating with clients and other consultants.
- Work with production staff as a resource to facilitate and review the design development process.
- Perform code searches and conduct site visits for design reviews.
- Research new architectural materials and products for incorporation into projects.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Great design and graphic skills.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Technical design skills using AutoCAD and/or Revit / BIM
- 3D visualization and graphic presentation software illustrative skills, Sketchup preferred.
- Knowledge of zoning, building and ADA/ANSI accessibility codes and standards.
- Understand site planning concept and design standards.
- Not afraid to explore new ideas which includes not being afraid of making mistakes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Candidate in pursuit of becoming a Licensed Architect is preferred.
- Three to seven years professional design experience.