People deliver their best when working hard together, but having fun, in an environment where they are respected and offered opportunities. BSB Design has been in business for over 50 years and is a national full-service architecture, engineering and design firm. We enjoy a friendly work environment where everyone is dedicated to mutual trust, respect, and excellence.
We are seeking an experienced and creative individual who can develop architectural design, illustration and conceptual services consisting of preliminary sketches through finished schematic deliverables and presentations for multifamily projects.
- Create and develop innovative designs and cutting-edge artwork that encourages the elevation of our industry as well as addresses the needs of the client, municipality, and contractor for each project.
- Engage in solid relationship-based service that places the needs of the client first and shows confidence, consistency, leadership, and ownership to the client.
- After meeting with client, municipality, and/or contractor, be able to accurately translate conversations into a clear design direction in the initial land planning and feasibility stage.
- Utilize appropriate design tools/software to progress the initial land planning to 3D through hand-sketching and/or computer-generated modeling and eventually to full Schematic Design.
- Research innovative ways to accomplish design tasks, new building materials for projects, and best practices for project communication.
- Perform the necessary code, zoning, and market research to maintain a solid start for each project, providing a constructible affordable design solution as a foundation for development through construction drawings.
- Work with production staff as a resource to facilitate, review and ensure the design intent is being met all the way through construction.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Solid understanding of Multi-family industry (building code, construction practices, accessibility requirements, and historical architectural design references)
- Great design and graphic skills (hand and/or computer) that can clearly communicate design direction
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written and not afraid public speaking
- Software design skills using Autocad, Revit, Sketchup, & Lumion