People deliver their best when working hard together, but having fun, in an environment where they are respected and offered opportunities. BSB Design has been in business for over 50 years and is a national full-service architecture, engineering, and design firm. We enjoy a friendly work environment where everyone is dedicated to mutual trust, respect, and excellence.
We are seeking an experienced, quality driven, solutions-minded individual who will develop architectural design, illustration, and conceptual services consisting of preliminary sketches through finished schematic design deliverables and presentations for single family and multi-family projects.
- Develop and create designs and artwork from conceptual sketches through finished client and municipal presentations.
- Contribute to and manage individual design projects while coordinating and communicating with clients and other consultants.
- Work with production staff as a resource to facilitate and review the design development process.
- Perform code searches and conduct site visits for design reviews.
- Research new architectural materials and products for incorporation into projects.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Great design and graphic skills.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Technical design skills using AutoCAD and/or Revit / BIM
- 3D visualization and graphic presentation software illustrative skills, Sketchup preferred.
- Knowledge of zoning, building and ADA/ANSI accessibility codes and standards.
- Understand site planning concept and design standards.
- Not afraid to explore new ideas which includes not being afraid of making mistakes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Candidate in pursuit of becoming a Licensed Architect is preferred.
- Three to seven years professional design experience.