Residential Job Captain
Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking an experienced architectural job captain in our Withee Malcolm — A BSB Design Studio office for work on high-density residential urban infill projects in Southern and Northern California.
Job Captain applicants should have the technical and leadership abilities to plan, organize and manage the efforts of a production team. They should also bring skills in managing client and consultant relationships. Ideally, candidates possess a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Supervise, coordinate and lead 2–4-person production teams.
- Support design and document development via strong technical knowledge and experience
- Outreach and coordinate with consultants and partners through entitlement, documentation and construction phases
- Review consultants work to ensure compliance with code and project requirements
- Support Manager and Principal-level staff in developing project designs and details
- Verify that all project work is done efficiently and in accordance with established office standards
- Review all drawings prior to plan check submittal, bidding and construction
- Proficiency with Revit/BIM, Bluebeam
- Building Code knowledge
- Construction observation experience
- Consultant and Agency coordination
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Standard technical knowledge for construction documentation
- Ability to work on multiple projects and maintain effective communication and quality control
- Bachelors of Architecture Degree or equivalent required
- Licensed or actively pursuing registration preferred