Residential Job Captain
Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking an experienced architectural job captain in our LA office for work on high-density residential urban infill projects in Southern and Northern California.
Job Captain applicants should have the technical and leadership abilities to plan, organize and manage the efforts of a production team. They should also bring skills in managing client and consultant relationships. Ideally, candidates possess a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Supervise, coordinate and lead 2–4-person production teams.
- Support design and document development via strong technical knowledge and experience
- Outreach and coordinate with consultants and partners through entitlement, documentation and construction phases
- Review consultants work to ensure compliance with code and project requirements
- Support Manager and Principal-level staff in developing project designs and details
- Verify that all project work is done efficiently and in accordance with established office standards
- Review all drawings prior to plan check submittal, bidding and construction
- Proficiency with Revit/BIM, Bluebeam
- Building Code knowledge
- Construction observation experience
- Consultant and Agency coordination
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Standard technical knowledge for construction documentation
- Ability to work on multiple projects and maintain effective communication and quality control
- Bachelors of Architecture Degree or equivalent required
- Licensed or actively pursuing registration preferred
- Three to six years of Single-Family experience in design development and contract documents
BSB Design provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, parenting status, results of genetic testing, service in the military or any other quality or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement,promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.