Des Moines, IA
Purpose of the Position
Responsible for building a strong talent pipeline to attract top talent for our rapidly growing firm. This individual will assist in positioning BSB Design as a top place to work across the nation and will greatly influence the hiring process from finding qualified candidates to measuring current employee satisfaction. The Talent Acquisition Specialist/HR Generalist will also assist with other administrative tasks and services as needed to support effective and efficient operations of the firm's Human Resources department.
- Responsible for overseeing the entire life cycle of recruiting to obtain a quality and diverse workforce and to meet company objectives.
- Collaborates with departmental and regional Supervisors to understand skills and competencies required for position openings.
- Maintains candidate information and status in the applicant tracking system.
- Facilitates new hire processing, administration, and on-boarding.
- Performs administrative tasks and services as needed to support effective and efficient operations of the firm’s Human Resource department.
- Maintains the highest level of integrity and confidentiality of human resource information, data, files, and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides back up to the HR Coordinator in the areas of benefits administration and payroll functions, including processing, management of time sheets, answering employee & supervisor questions, resolving issues, and educating employees on the use of HRIS.
- Facilitates termination processing to include exit surveys, preparation of exit paperwork and COBRA administration.
- Maintains and ensures compliance with applicable Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and related employment laws and regulations, including all Federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
Skills and qualifications
- Proven experience in recruitment and employee relations
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills with highly developed oral and written communication
- Attention to detail for accuracy
- Works to understand the full scope of the HR function within the Firm
- Computer literacy, specifically, with Microsoft Office and familiarity with HRIS. Experience with the Paycom Applicant Tracking and HRIS is a plus!
- Forward thinking who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of five years in relevant human resources related experience.
- At least two to three years of experience in employee recruitment and selection, including expertise in sourcing using the Internet and social media.
- Additional experience may take the place of some education requirements.
BSB Design, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.