Structural Construction Administration Engineer
Assists with the Structural Construction Administration, shop drawing review, RFI's and site visits of multi-family and single-family buildings to meet company objectives.
- Assist team in checking structural shop drawings and answering RFI's.
- Use knowledge of the general concepts of relevant structural engineering elements.
- Site visits as needed through design and construction. (Frame walks and pre-pour inspections)
- Assist in development of contract deliverables such as drawings, specifications, and general notes if CA work is slow.
- Analyze engineering problems and propose solutions.
- Proficiency in the use of computer for design and understand CAD operations.
- Proficiency in structural shop drawings and site visits of wood, post tension concrete and steel structures.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to understand calculations and drawings thoroughly and accurately for the structural design of new commercial, residential, industrial, and other projects as well as the renovation of existing structures.
- Ability to formulate creative approaches to challenges and problems encountered.
- Interact professionally with clients, contractors, and consultants.
- Work independently as well as be part of collaborative team.
- Bachelor's degree in civil or structural engineering required. Masters preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of structural construction administration experience in multi-family and residential buildings.
- Wood, masonry, and concrete design experience is a must.
- Minimum of Engineer in Training certification. PE license is preferred.