Senior Draftsperson / Job Captain - Solutions Collection
The ideal candidate will have a dedicated work ethic, upbeat and positive outlook, and a personal commitment to quality. You will work with the Production Coordinator and Solutions Developer by executing architectural drafting for The Solutions Collection from research and development through full project execution with clients. This position does provide the opportunity to work remotely.
- Uses AutoCAD, Revit, and manual processes to produce construction documents using instructions and pre-established guidelines set by others.
- Follows applicable guidelines for project standards.
- Conducts research or consults with specialist for assistance in document preparation.
- Converts limited verbal and written directions throughout the design process and into a finished product or document.
- Generates architectural plans and graphics.
- Ensure that construction documents are complete and ready for submittal to planning department and design review committee (includes plans, sections, details, elevations, schedules).
- May assist with artwork preparation at the request of the client if contracted under the guidance of the Product Coordinator
- Assists in coordination with contractors, clients, engineers (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, civil, landscape)
- Commits to learning about the field of architecture and design and incorporating the knowledge into day-to-day business practices.
- Assists in the development of additional products for The Solutions Collection and in various regions of the country.
- At the discretion of Supervisors, may assist other production work within BSB based on the Solutions Collection workload.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Proven skill to follow up w/ staff, consultants, and client
- AutoCAD proficiency required; 3-D modeling programs desirable- include excel, Microsoft word, Bluebeam, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Some travel may be necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Three to six years of Multifamily experience in design development and contract documents.