Seeking an individual to take a project from the completed schematic design through the construction documents and, as skills are mastered, to take a project from start to finish. The internship is intended to allow the incumbent to be a student of the profession under the guidance of an experienced, licensed architect and to prepare for the NCARB registration exam
- Uses AutoCAD, Revit, and manual processes to produce construction documents using instructions and pre-established guidelines set by others.
- Follows applicable guidelines for project standards.
- Converts limited verbal and written directions from Job Captain or Project Manager throughout the design process and into a finished product or document.
- Drafts specification changes as needed.
- Proofreads own work.
- Generates architectural plans and graphics.
- Coordinates with consultants, supplier, and others for handling changes and providing information.
- Research material and costs as needed.
- Assists in the management of projects and direction of draftsperson as needed.
- May observe structures in the field.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Has knowledge of commonly used architectural concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Drafting and design skills with AutoCAD and similar programs
- Ability to visualize structures and understand industry standards
- Design, graphic and related computer skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Experience in architecture and/or construction desirable.