Structual Engineer II
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Assists with the planning and design of structures and facilities to meet company objectives for design, new product development, and improvement of existing product lines.
Director of Engineering
- Provides technical expertise to Director of Engineering and/or client to ensure projects comply with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instructions.
- Reviews, analyzes and resolves field and/or design issues.
- Performs complex engineering computations involving conventional engineering practices.
- Prepares complete engineering plans or reports.
- Makes design recommendations and/or adaptations.
- Assists in development of contract deliverables such as drawings, specifications, and general notes.
- Responsible for engineering projects of varying size and complexity in field or office in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and /or coordinates detailed phases of assigned project work.
- Is familiar with project budgets and timelines and apprises Director of Engineering of potential or anticipated changes in scope.
- Attend site visits through design and construction.
- Attend client meetings as needed.
- Assists in coordinating project schedules and timely completion of projects.
- Assists in proposal preparation, project scoping and estimating project costs.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Tools.
- Working knowledge of Bentley Ram and Enercalc.
- Working knowledge of Building Codes.
- Project management skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to formulate creative approaches to challenges and problems encountered.
- Interact professionally with clients, contractors and consultants.
- Work independently as well as be part of a collaborative team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in civil engineering, structural engineering, or an equivalent engineering degree required.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification required.
- At least one year of work experience as a structural engineer.