Project Architect/Project Manager – Multifamily
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented person to coordinate and manage the tasks and staff working on multiple projects to meet quality and profitability expectations and to effectively manage the needs and concerns of our clients.
This individual will:
- Work with Office Director and/or Partner to define scope of product and determine manpower requirements, schedules, budgets and fee projections.
- Develop code searches.
- Assist in product schematic design process.
- Initiate design development.
- Produce contract documents.
- Keep project records including code documentation, project history, correspondence, estimates, and budgets.
- Coordinate the staff assigned to projects to meet established schedules and budgets.
- Assist in the development of technical skills of subordinates.
- Maintain open communication with clients to avoid problems and improve working relationships.
- Initiate and participate in construction walk-throughs.
- Check work of project staff for content and accuracy.
- Participate in zoning and public hearings, as needed.
- Provide accurate information of work progress and additional requirements for billing and follow-up on overdue invoices.
- Initiate remedial action for projects falling behind budgeted hours/dollars.
- Promote the firm within the business community to develop new clients.
- Coordinate projects and maintain open communication with outside consultants (including engineers, interior designers etc.).
- Assist with proposals on consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Design, Engineering or related field AND three to five years’ multifamily experience in assisting with all phases of a project.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit proficiency required as well as Excel, Microsoft Word, Bluebeam, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Leadership, supervisory and personnel management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Problem Solver