Project Architect – Multifamily
Orange County, CA
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented person to coordinate and manage the tasks and staff working on multiple projects to meet quality and profitability expectations, and to effectively manage the needs and concerns of our clients.
This individual will:
- Work with Project Manager and/or Partner in Charge to define scope of product and determine.
manpower requirements, schedules, budgets and fee projections.
- Develop code searches.
- Assist in product schematic design process.
- Initiate design development.
- Produce contract documents.
- Keep project records including code documentation, project history, correspondence, estimates and budgets.
- Coordinate the staff assigned to projects to meet established schedules and budgets.
- Assist in the development of technical skills of subordinates.
- Maintain open communication with clients to avoid problems and improve working relationships.
- Initiate and participate in construction walk-throughs.
- Check work of project staff for content and accuracy.
- Participate in zoning and public hearings, as needed.
- Provide accurate information of work progress and additional requirements for billing and follow-up on overdue invoices.
- Initiate remedial action for projects falling behind budgeted hours/dollars.
- Communicate delays, problems with project, etc. to Project Manager.
- Promote the firm within the business community to develop new clients.
- Coordinate projects and maintain open communication with outside consultants (including engineers, interior designers etc.).
- Assist with proposals on consultants.
- Act as Architect of Record (AOR) on all projects managed, reviewed per the TDLR, Fair Housing and ADA requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, along with AIA state registration and/or state registration as required. Ability to obtain NCARB is a must.
- Three to five years’ experience in assisting with all phases of a project.
- AutoCAD proficiency required as well as Excel, Microsoft Word, Bluebeam, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Leadership, supervisory and personnel management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Experience in architecture and/or construction preferred