Des Moines, IA
We are seeking an experienced business professional to manage the reception area and administrative functions of our Des Moines office.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective response to all incoming calls and walk-in guests to maintain a professional image.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks for the President/CEO including managing appointment calendar, completing expense reports and credit card statement reconciliation, composing confidential correspondence, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas.
- Serves as President’s administrative liaison to Board of Directors and maintains discretion and confidentiality in all related matters.
- Responsible for planning and coordination of Board of Directors and Partner meetings, including travel, lodging and meal planning as needed.
- Arranges travel, meetings and appointments for other staff as requested.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and needed services in accordance with firm purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations, including maintenance and repair work which involves direct communication with the management company.
- Handles vendor contact to coordinate meetings, presentations and lunch and learns.
- Oversees conference room and Innovation Lab Schedules.
- Plans and organizes staff functions and events.
- Participates in special department projects as needed.
- Runs office errands as needed.
- Completes additional administrative tasks as needed.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and leadership skills with all employees and contacts
- Strong planning and organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and be attentive to details and deadlines
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Handle conflict and negotiate effectively
- Forward thinking who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Computer literacy
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred but not required
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an administrative position
- Additional experience may take the place of some education requirements