Office Manager – CHICAGO
We are seeking an experienced business professional to manage the day-to-day operations and administrative functions of our Chicago office.
- Promotes a professional image and good first impression for all visitors to the office
- Responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the office, including security access, cleaning, recycling, utilities, work spaces, etc.
- Manages the reception area with effective telephone, mail and email communication both internally and externally
- Coordinates and schedules client meetings and presentations upon request
- Assembles all proposals, forms, resumes, product examples and consultant information used in printed client presentations
- Assists with the development of PowerPoint presentations for business development and trade show/event speeches
- Acts as a primary point of contact for the office’s collection efforts
- Responsible for engineering approvals, including tracking percent of phase completion and markup prior to project manager’s approval
- Tracks and reports monthly projections data for project managers’ review
- Prepares monthly invoice drafts for project managers’ approval
- Reviews production staff members’ timesheets for accuracy
- Coordinates administrative staff schedules for effective workload distribution, productivity and adequate staffing
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc. in accordance with firm purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions
- Supervises maintenance and repair work of the office facility and equipment
- Coordinates regular inspections of health and safety equipment
- Manages administrative services budget
- Arranges travel, meetings and appointments and completes expense reports
- Participates in special department projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an office setting, assisting executive officers
- Excellent planning and organization skills required
- Additional experience may be substituted for some education requirements