Job Captain – Market Housing
We are looking for an organized individual with excellent communication skills to assist the Project Manager with project administration and to coordinate and lead the architectural drafting team in developing documents throughout the design process.
This individual will:
- Use AutoCAD and/or Revit software to produce construction documents using designs of others.
- Generate architectural plans on multiple projects from start to finish.
- Make redline corrections and communicate with drafting staff regarding specifications and corrections to construction documents.
- Assist in scheduling construction documents.
- Ensure that construction documents are complete and ready for submittal to the planning department and design review committee.
- Coordinate and delegate work of selected projects and ensure the team will meet or beat deadlines.
- Assist with and provide training to production staff.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes and standards for construction document production.
- Research and evaluate product data.
- Assess problems and recommend solutions.
- Assist in coordination with contractors, clients, engineers (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, civil, landscape).
- Assist with client meetings and communicate information to the team as needed.
- Make site visits and coordinate completion of changes in the field as needed.
- Associate’s degree in Drafting and/or Design.
- 3 to 6 years’ experience in design development and contract documents.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit proficiency required
- Experience with 3-D modeling programs, as well as Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Bluebeam and Adobe Acrobat preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Positive “can do” attitude.
- Proven ability to lead a team.
- Availability for travel as necessary.