HR Coordinator – Des Moines
Des Moines, IA
We are seeking a detail oriented, energetic Human Resources Coordinator. You will be an integral part of the organization and assist the Director of Human Resources in strengthening our HR department to deliver outstanding support to our firm.
- Provide HR support and assistance to the management and employees.
- Assist the Director of HR in the administration of current HR programs and plans as well as in the development of new initiatives and programs.
- Perform semi-monthly payroll, including timely processing of tax deposits, transactions and reports.
- Administer corporate benefit plans and conduct annual Open Enrollment.
- Serve as liaison to employees and/or benefit providers.
- Maintain employee files as well as HRIS system in compliance with legal requirements.
- Assist with recruitment and selection of positions throughout the firm.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knowledge of human resources principles and practices
- Knowledge of federal and state employment law
- Experience using Deltek Vision software is a plus
- Knowledge of payroll processing and strong math skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with highly developed oral and written communication
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Collaborative problem solving and exploring new concepts
- Be innovative and willing to challenge the norm
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred, but not required
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Human Resources, payroll, management, or related field
- Additional experience may take the place of some education requirements