Director of BIM Technology
Charlotte, NC, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Des Moines, IA, Orange County, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Sacramento, CA, and Tampa, FL
We are looking for an organized individual with excellent communication skills to guide the global and strategic BIM vision for the Firm. The individual will manage the implementation process of BIM and Revit throughout organization, lead model management for planning, collaboration and coordination of program and would be the point of contact for all aspects of BIM technology, including modeling, documentation, and validity of design intent through all phases of development of construction documents.
This individual will:
- Create a BIM/Revit companywide implementation plan for the firm.
- Develop BIM standards, processes, and procedures.
- Develop and manage BIM Committee comprised of one representative from each Production Center who will handle regional coordination and training of BIM users.
- Plan, develop, organize, and provide training and support of BIM software to all user levels.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of Revit content, including: standards, templates, libraries and/or project specific families.
- Supervise project production from concept, though preliminary and to execution stages.
- Participate in BIM start-up meetings
- Participates in certain production tasks, as needed, including start of Revit models, tasks of control and coordination of models.
- Participate in the development and approval of contractual and legal documents related to BIM.
- Participate in the development and approval of BIM specific parts in service offerings.
- Represent the firm at external events and conferences related to BIM.
- Manage the production of BIM related marketing materials.
- Ensure a technological watch and recommend the purchase of BIM related software and hardware.
- Follow-up with internal teams linked to the firm’s operation including Operations Committee, HR, IT.
- Architectural degree and 10+ years of experience in professional environment, preferably with user experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional Autodesk products use and support including REVIT® Architecture along with BIM management of large-scale projects.
- Eager to support staff with positive attitude, passion, and patience.
- Ability to uphold the use of standards and escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Working knowledge of single family and multi-family architecture industry workflows, production cycle and priorities.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of current BIM versions, processes, tools and their impact.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as attention to detail, planning and organizing
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals.
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to purse continued education on BIM.
- Possess the ability to lead, support and manage a team.
- Willingness to travel as required.